If you are just in the stage of choosing the appropriate institution to obtain an online degree, it is really difficult to sift the information among the numerous online universities or colleges that offer online courses. All of them are too wordy and tends to shower you with the advantages of studying from their institution.
You may also encounter the many accreditations that they have from various agencies or federations. But to clear things out, just look for the universityâ€™s full accreditation to one of these six regional accrediting agencies where the school righteously belongs:
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Middle States Association of College and Schools
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges-Senior
- Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges
And of course, you need to verify if the online university is really accredited to that particular regional accrediting agency by checking out the list of their accredited schools. The bottom line is do not be lured to the â€œlicensedâ€, â€œauthorizedâ€ or â€œapprovedâ€ terms that you can see on the websites of any school as these accreditation made by other federations are not as legitimate as the regional accrediting agency.